The DOs and DONTs of a Headshot Photographer
If the purpose of taking a headshot is for a passport, then it is better to visit a Walgreens to take them there. In fact, if you are the type who lives around Las Vegas, you can easily get lots of cheap passports. However, if you are a professional looking to break into the industry of your choice, it is better to have a professional headshot photographer take your photo.
If you are the type of professional that a scout has to search for, it is not wise to use a cheap headshot. No scout worth his or her salt would bother with someone who uses a cheap headshot. Why? Because it is easier to believe that such a person is a cheap person. It is easier to believe that such person is someone who is not willing to go for the best.
According to a Las Vegas Photographer, here are the DO’S and DON’T’S of taking headshots:
- Solid color clothing: Before booking a headshot photographer, it is advisable to put on clothing with a solid color. This enables the headshot photographer to show very boldly.
- Many shots as possible: When you are having your headshot taken, you can easily discern if the headshot photographer is a professional headshot photographer or not when he or she takes as many shots of you as possible. That way, it is easier to pick the very best from among the lot. An amateur or cheap photographer, on the other hand, will just take a photograph and never care if it is great or not.
- Dress like a professional: This is very important. You are a professional so you are supposed to dress like one. When other people see it, even if they have never met you, they will give you deserved respect.
- Be composed: Your emotions matter a lot when working with a headshot photographer. You don’t want to look angry or sad in your headshot photograph. Instead, you should look confident and composed.
- Remember those first impressions last: Photographers tell stories about the person in them. People who see your headshot will quickly have an opinion about you from just looking at the photograph. As a result of this, you should endeavor not to wear clothes that are provocative or distracting.
- Be careful with the makeup: Both men and women use makeup a lot but women use it more. In trying to look cool in your headshot photograph, be careful not to overdo the makeup. Use sparingly and professionally.
- Remember that the maximum use of a headshot is two years. Therefore, when it is moving close to two years, it is advisable to take another, preferably by a professional.
- You can pose any way you wish. Whatever you choose, you may be surprised at how great they are.
- One way to look confident is by practicing in front of the mirror. It really helps a lot.
According to the Las Vegas Photographer, when you follow all these rules, there is no way your headshot will be seen as cheap but instead professional.